Hello everyone, thank you for being here!
Click on the titles of the paragraphs below to open or close them.
Check out our sustainability blog rubrica for more information and take advantage of the second hand swap!
Here is a small description of why some of the fabrics/methods we use are more sustainable than others:
* Please note that there isn't anything 100% sustainable as every fabric has an input in one way or another (you can read more about this on our blog)
- Why Slow-fashion is sustainable? Slow fashion is a new kind of approach to fashion that makes people aware of the processes involved in the making of a garment, so that each piece of apparel is more long lasting, ethically produced and sustainable for the environment. You may have to wait a little longer to get your piece but it will be made in the kindest and more respectful of ways, with love and attention to details. Other than limiting the waste of resources it is a better way to value the work (and dignity) of people making our clothing instead of low cost out-sourcing to higher margin.
- Why is Tencel sustainable? Tencel is a sustainable fabric, regenerated from wood cellulose. Tencel is one of the most environmentally friendly regenerated fabrics, for several reasons. Tencel fibers are grown sustainably. Unlike rayon and bamboo, Tencel's supply chain is transparent. It is obtained from eucalyptus trees that are grown on farms, no old forests and doesn't require genetic manipulation, irrigation, or pesticides are used. The European Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification has also endorsed Tencel's farming practices as sustainable. Tencel eliminates the negative environmental impacts of traditional fiber processing, using new sustainable technologies. Tencel has also some distinct advantages over traditional fibers in terms of chemical processing, which can often be extensive and toxic.
- Why is Linen sustainable? Flax, the plant from which linen is made, is also extremely versatile. Every part of the flax plant has traditionally been used to create a worthwhile product—nothing is wasted, and production is cost effective. Flax is resilient and can grow in poor soil, using far less water in its consumption than cotton. According to the European Confederation of Linen and Hemp, “Across its lifecycle, a linen shirt uses 6.4 liters of water” compared to 2,700 liters for a cotton shirt.
- Why is Organic Cotton sustainable? As it eliminates the use of pesticides and fertilizers, organic cotton prevents contamination of groundwater, thus making drinking water clean and safe. It has been found that the impact of water pollution of organic cotton is 98% less compared to the conventional cotton production.
- Why is Silk sustainable? Silk is considered a more sustainable fiber than many other since it is a renewable resource, it can biodegrade, and uses less water, chemicals, and energy than many other fibers.
In addition we try to do our part for society by donating a part of our margin to different humanitarian causes. For Black Friday 2020 we donated to an NGO called Wolf Center UK that rescues wolves from Zoos and other cases of captivity. In 2020 we also donated to the NGO Music Action International, an organization helping refugees through music. We will continue making donations to different causes we are truly committed to in the years to come! We also ship with the DHL green initiative!
From mobile swipe to read the table below
|Dresses in Slow Fashion|
|Dresses Ready to Wear|
Please check this very very carefully!! Any mistake selecting your size won't be our responsibility!
- S-Breast 88cm- Waist 70cm- Hips 93cm
- M-Breast 92cm- Waist 74cm- Hips 97cm
- L-Breast 96cm- Waist 78cm- Hips 101cm
- Curvy-Breast 108cm- Waist 90cm- Hips 115cm
For the custom-made option you need to take your measurements as explained here and indicate them in the required box like in the given example.
For any concern please contact me before submitting your order!
- We ship everywhere with DHL Express Worldwide, so shipping is trackable, safe and super fast!
- We ship with the DHL green initiative to limit carbon emissions
- Delivery times can be affected by weather conditions, strikes and holiday periods!
- Delivery is around 2/3 days in the EU and 1 week for worldwide deliveries.
- If you want a cheaper shipping contact us in private.
Can't afford to buy an item all at once?No worries! You can pay in two or three installments!
- Just contact us ahead of time and we will prepare an invoice divided with the number of installments you will need to pay!
- After having paid the first part we will start production and before shipping ( 4-6 weeks later) we will ask you for the second installment.
- If you are not in a hurry we can spread the production in two months instead of one so you'll be able to pay in 3 installments.
- Want to pay in installments? Contact us now!
If your slow fashion dress has some small defects and/or unstitched part we are truly truly sorry.Hand made items can have some issues because handmade by a person, not a machine, and sometime that can happen. But don't despair! We accept returns and we will fix it immediately and send it back as soon as possible!
- If the dress doesn't fit you quite right you can let us know within 14 days after you receive it.
- The return costs are charged to the client.
- Please return with insured and trackable shipping providers or we cannot refund if the item is lost.
- If you wish to adjust the measurements of your slow fashion dress you will have to provide us pictures and measurements of the parts you need to adjust.
- Attention: Custom dresses cannot be refunded (therefore all custom made dresses to your size, fabric and color).
- Dresses cannot be refunded if they have been used, if it is damaged and if it's been stained or washed.
- Size adjustments cannot be made if they require to enlarge the dress in parts where this is not physically possible.
Holidays are a difficult time of the year for us because, since we make everything by hand, it is hard to fulfill too many orders by the holiday deadline. Here are a few holidays suggestions:
- For Christmas, please order your gifts at least 8 weeks before December 23rd
- If you place your orders from middle of November onwards please be aware that it may take 2 extra week in production as we will take 10 days off for the holidays
- The same is true for summer holidays but we will let you know with a pop up a month ahead
We can make your own, personalized, wedding dress. We will discuss with you your desires, your vision, your budget, your timeline and create a project and a few draft for you to check. If you like what you see we will make your dress! Read more here!
For more info please contact me.
In order to be even more sustainable we decided to create a swapping system that promotes recycling and second hand!
Here is how it will work:
- Whenever you purchase a Nour & the Merchant design you will be able to get a second hand dress FOR FREE as long as you are willing to trade something of yours you no longer use, in good conditions and that fits with the general mood of this store
- When you will buy your new dress contact us with the code number of the second hand dress you like so we can reserve if for you and put you in contact with the owner so the two of you can arrange the shipping details.
- Before the dress can be considered "yours" you will need to provide us with quality pictures of one or more items you are interested in swapping (pictures must be taken on a hanger, with a white/beige background and in natural lights). Once we will agree the item is acceptable we will reserve the second hand item you have chosen. Please send your pictures at .
- The item you Swap will be shipped by you to the person who will select it in the future. Whenever a person selects the item we will provide them your contact information in order to arrange the shipping. Shipping will be only done though normal postal service and you will decide with the receiver how to split the reasonable shipping costs.
- Contestations will go though us and if we find that someone is abusing of the swap system they will no longer be allowed to swap on this platform. Swapping is a way of strengthening the community, helping the environment and should not be done for egoistic purposes.
- Swapping can only happen if you have purchased a Nour design and donated something in return.
- If we do not accept some of your donation please understand we are selective in order to keep a quality standard and a certain image. We hope you understand!
- Finally, if you don't want to buy anything at the moment you can always donate used items in exchange for a discount you'll be willing to use in the future!
Can't wait to know if you like our system!
Cristina & Nour!